HOBART CUP FASHIONS ON THE FIELD FEB 11, 2018
Open to Men and Woman aged 17-45yrs
Wear your best outfit to the races, learn from the professionals how to walk on the runway and go in the running to win great prizes and experiences.
1st, 2nd and 3rd places will be awarded on the day!
2018 also marks the partnership with Tasmanian Fashion Week which means all entrants will be considered in the search for Face of Tasmanian Fashion Week 2019.
HOW TO PREPARE
WHEN: Sunday 11th February 2018
GATE OPENING TIME: 10am
REGISTRATIONS: Open at 12pm and Close at 1:30pm
WHERE: Hobart Racecourse, Elwick ‘Stage Area’
TIME TO ARRIVE:
12pm: mark your attendance at the registration desk
Entrants are required to be present between 12-4pm. When race times are set, there will be more information about what time judging will commence and conclude on the day.
*Bring your friends and enjoy the Entertainment and Races on the green before judging time.
WHAT TO BRING
Fashions on the Field: Your best racewear
*Important note: All outfits must be age appropriate and present as conservative.
- Outfits must include a hat or head piece
If organisers deem an outfit in inappropriate for the audience or judging criteria, the entrant will be excused from the competition.
*All entrants under 18yrs must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times
ON THE DAY REGISTRATIONS
12pm registrations for both categories will be open to those who have not yet registered
*Note: there are limited spaces due to time constraints and this may mean that if you register on the day, you may miss-out.
FASHIONS ON THE FIELD TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Contestants and/or their outfits are not permitted to promote commercially a brand, store or designer or receive a commercial benefit from appearing in the competition.
- Contestants must not receive any payment or benefit from a third party (including any commercial enterprise) for entering, participating or otherwise in connection with this competition.
- Any person who is in any way involved with, works as or otherwise works for an organisation or individual (including milliners or designers) that commercially produces fashion clothing, hats or similar for profit, and is deemed to receive an advantage through that position (at TRC’s discretion), is ineligible to enter this competition.
- Contestants may only enter this competition in their own private capacity and not on behalf of a third party including any commercial enterprise.
- Contestants must not be dressed by or styled by a designer.
- Contestants are not permitted to alter or add to their outfit in any way from the beginning until the end.
- Judges decision is final at time of official judging
Contestant has an outfit suitable for their age group
Outfit is race wear appropriate
Outfit is on trend
Outfit suits contestant's body shape and style
Outfit is complete from head to toe including accessories
Outfit is completed with racewear hat or head piece
Contestant is respectful of the competition and its associates on and off stage
Contestant has poise and perhaps charisma on stage
Contestant is enjoying themselves